Friday, August 21, 2009

Think it's about time


I guess I have been thinking about setting up a blog for some time now; however, only recently did I actually go to blogger.com and attempt to create one. I found it funny when dgannes.blogspot.com was already taken (actually I was quite frustrated and annoyed) but then realized I was my own culprit. In an attempt to help another Laurel English teacher set up a "fun and cool" new way for students to collaborate and share their thoughts of various literary texts, we created dgannes.blogspot.com. Initially, it had the creative title of "AP English." Of course, such a title no longer exists. It has been replaced by the tagline of The Olevolos Project, penda.soma.pamoja. The literal translation of these three Swahili words is: love.learn.together.

Though The Olevolos Project does have a website, there are often more things that float through my mind than what would be appropriate to publish on the website. I hope this blog is a place where I can envy Kristof's latest comments on girls and education, brag about Abigael's progress at Oloirien Nursery School, and fume about yet another international development project that is only fueling corruption in Kenya.

So karibu...welcome...sasa ninahitaji kitabu yangu kama ninataka kutembelea kuandika katika Kiswahili...now I need my book if I want to continue to write in Swahili...



No comments:

Post a Comment